•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aveo is part of an exclusive club: new cars available with manual crank windows

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I refused to have Power Windows on my Aveo. It adds $1000 dollars for the power package, and in this vehicle it isn't worth it. The windows in the back only roll down half way anyway, so who needs a motor for those ?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      ever try to replace a window motor? its not easy. also idk why but the fuze blew for the windows twice in 6 months
      yellow '04 hatch

Thanks
      I'm fine with the manual windows. I like to use the convenience of not having to have the car running AT ALL just to mess with the windows. And even if I did have power windows, I wouldn't play with them while I was driving either way.

Thanks
      HAHAHA thats great huh.....the kids dont even know what a window crank is. Another DAMN Iam getting old moment

Thanks
      When I picked my car up today I had my room mate with me. We both smoke, bad bad us, and he lit up a cig and started fumbling around for the power window button, looked then said, oh, crap.... It was kinda funny.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Monzaveo View Post
      I notice in the Aveo... at least they crank up and down fast! Ever notice that? Just a few cranks and the windows up or down.
      I checked that when the car was new before buying it. It's so easy to do it that power windows aren't necessary. And it's easy to reach over and crank down the passenger window as well.

One of my cars is 21 years old and the window is still stiff in cranking it up and down. I should have had the dealer adjust it when the car was still new - but it's a little late now...

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I dont mind having manual windows. But I would like to have remote locks. If it were just me by myself, I wouldnt care but, when you have a 22 month old baby in your arms and you have to dig out your keys unlock front door then reach in to unlock back door, its kind of a pain. last year I ordered a universal central locking kit but due to the size of the actuators, I would have had to cut part of the interior side door shell to make them fit. To me it wasnt worth that much work. Now that my daughter is getting bigger and heavier though, I am really wishing I would have done the extra work instead of giving the kit away LOL

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      I dont mind having manual windows. But I would like to have remote locks. If it were just me by myself, I wouldnt care but, when you have a 22 month old baby in your arms and you have to dig out your keys unlock front door then reach in to unlock back door, its kind of a pain. last year I ordered a universal central locking kit but due to the size of the actuators, I would have had to cut part of the interior side door shell to make them fit. To me it wasnt worth that much work. Now that my daughter is getting bigger and heavier though, I am really wishing I would have done the extra work instead of giving the kit away LOL
      One of the things I really find irritating on the Aveo5 is the lack of a remote cable release for the rear hatch. The fact that it can only be unlocked or locked by using a key is a real PITA. Usually I put my stuff in the interior of the car because unlocking the hatch is inconvenient.

One small help that I noticed however is that as soon as you unlock the hatch and begin to raise it you can turn the key to reactivate the lock. Then when you shut the hatch it will already be locked without needing to use the key again.

Hey, it's a cheap car...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      i have no power window,
      but i would love to only have the front passenger side have power window.

what exact parts will i need ?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      One of the things I really find irritating on the Aveo5 is the lack of a remote cable release for the rear hatch. The fact that it can only be unlocked or locked by using a key is a real PITA. Usually I put my stuff in the interior of the car because unlocking the hatch is inconvenient.

One small help that I noticed however is that as soon as you unlock the hatch and begin to raise it you can turn the key to reactivate the lock. Then when you shut the hatch it will already be locked without needing to use the key again.

Hey, it's a cheap car...
      the rear hatch opening is so small, cant really fit anything large thru there... =(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast