•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electrical problem prolly something stupid easy!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Electrical problem prolly something stupid easy!

Ok so to start i have an 08 chevy aveo hatchback and i decided to cut out the turn signals/running lights under the headlight and wire them into leds i placed into the lights. First i have a LED strip 12 inches long inside the light then i have a 194 bulb wired into the additional light area. I wired the 194 into the yellow for turn signal and black into the ground in the switch. Next i wired the power side of the LED into the brown for daytime light and black into the ground. I tested it before i installed it and the led strips ended up blinking. when i reversed the powers it neither light up or blinked for turn signals. so i switched them and put it back together cause it started to snow. As i went to walk away i press the lock button on the remote i see the flash but no bird chip letting me know its locked i try it again this time no light either. i think maybe the battery is dead well i go to start it and it starts i hit the blinker nothing either side and the gauge lights and switches for blower and heater arent lighting up. i look and none of the fuses are blown. I tried finding the scamtic for it but no dice. Any and all help would be greatful cause i am out of suggestions. Thanks again to everyone!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      do the tail lights (one you didnt mess with) still work?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Tail lights as in when they are turned on and brake lights and back up yes but the turn signals don't no none do.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      How about hazard flashers? Do they work? You checked fuses both in the dash and under the hood?
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hazards don't either and ya I have the lights when it blows fuses and none are lit

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Checked fuses with test light just to make sure and found out the illumination light fuses are blown. I put new ones in just wondering if when I was doing it some how shorted to ground. I placed them back in and sure enough it blew again. Any suggestions or help if someone can get me a electrical diagram or some help I would love to make a how to thread with pics for others interested would be awesome. Thanks again for all your help again.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Maybe it is just me, but I am finding it difficult to interpret your post. Are you saying that your car has an electrical short that is blowing fuses and that you are unable to find the short?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wuwei37405 View Post
      Maybe it is just me, but I am finding it difficult to interpret your post. Are you saying that your car has an electrical short that is blowing fuses and that you are unable to find the short?
      He re-engineered his lights for LEDs and is now blowing fuses. You either have a short to ground or the LEDs are drawing too much current because there is not enough resistance in the circuit now. Regular bulbs have more resistance than LEDs. You car is engineered for incandesant bulbs. Either reverse everything you did and return it to stock, isolate the problem wire, or insert a resistor into the circuit. I recommend returning it to stock

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Stock looks like **** so there is no way in hell I am going back. I don't know bout you guys but putting a good name to the Aveo by making it look perform and seam a cool car then ya I am all for it very little will stay stock on this car. Next I talked to a tech who also teaches advanced electrical and said the leds are pulling less resistance so a resistor would be a ridiculous idea to add to it. Also pulled up wiring diagram and to say the lease the connector that connects the lights to the power is a Mongolian cluster**** and causes it to go haywire. Tomorrow gonna chop it before the connector and reconnect it to initial wires from the power source on wiring diagram. I will let you guys know if the weather isn't so bad.
      Last edited by McGrinnan; 03-03-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Good luck if you need to do repairs in the future... I would figure out what is messed up.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast