•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timing belt nearing 60K

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Timing belt nearing 60K

My 08' Aveo 5 is nearing 60,000 miles. I asked dealership if I could go 62,000 miles and then change they said they've seen some go 95,000.

I left the motor warm up and don't punish with hard acceleration. This is 5 speed car. Any thoughts? Wardie

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Belts are hard to tell when and if they will break, Aveos have interference engines so if the timing belt goes, it could be way worse then just changing the belt... Up to you if you want to take the risk

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
      My 08' Aveo 5 is nearing 60,000 miles. I asked dealership if I could go 62,000 miles and then change they said they've seen some go 95,000.

I left the motor warm up and don't punish with hard acceleration. This is 5 speed car. Any thoughts? Wardie
      There are plenty of threads of belts snapping before 60,000 miles. When i changed mine the old belt still looked new and could have went longer but better to be safe than sorry.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Wardie,

Please keep us updated if you're feel there is an issue with your vehicle. If you any repair or dealership issues, please send us a PM with your VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and current mileage. I hope all is going well despite any vehicle concerns.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance (Assisting Vanessa)
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Mtt I don't know why GM Customer Assistance even bothers to post. Your answer is let us know how you did. Several Aveo owners appear to be having problems and you say "keep us posted". Why not try and help Matt Vanessa's assistant

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Mine was the same, the belt looked brand new even though it git double its life expectancy the idker pulley on the other hand had a small crack begining to form

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
      Mtt I don't know why GM Customer Assistance even bothers to post. Your answer is let us know how you did. Several Aveo owners appear to be having problems and you say "keep us posted". Why not try and help Matt Vanessa's assistant
      Wardie, they are here to help that is why that asked you PM (Private Message) them VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and current mileage if you need assistance with your issue(s). Your posts tone (to me at least) sounds like bashing which I feel is unwarranted.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Wardie,

Please keep us updated if you're feel there is an issue with your vehicle. If you any repair or dealership issues, please send us a PM with your VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and current mileage. I hope all is going well despite any vehicle concerns.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance (Assisting Vanessa)
      Wardie, With your particular situation, you are taking the necessary steps by discussing this with your dealership. Matt, reached out to you to provide customer assistance and to document your concerns in case you’re not successful with the dealership. Just as a friendly reminder, because we’re not certified mechanics we are unable to provide DIY tips. Our goal is to be a resource for owners regarding GM Warranty concerns, Aveo car features and operation, and a plethora of Aveo concerns.

Please feel free to reach out to us whenever necessary via this forum or through private message.

Regards,
      Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo5_boy View Post
      Wardie, they are here to help that is why that asked you PM (Private Message) them VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and current mileage if you need assistance with your issue(s). Your posts tone (to me at least) sounds like bashing which I feel is unwarranted.
      Aveo5_boy,

Thanks for your support!

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thanks to all for their advice

Last edited by wardie; 02-08-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: didn't like my response

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast