Hi everyone. Long story short, my clutch master cylinder recently died. As I was troubleshooting, I noticed the clutch fork was bent. For reference this is the clutch fork:

From what I gathered online, both the lower "fork" (lower part) must be aligned with the "lever". Over time, because of how this lever is joined with the shaft (no fillet weld, only looks like there is a spot weld at the center), this lever starts twisting and misaligning. You will not tnotice this problem because it will continue to work as long as your hydraulic system is working perfectly, until it doesn't. Here's a picture of mine after 13 years and 120.000 km:

So, I was faced with the decision, buying a new one, or pulling it out and fixing it. Obviously I went for the latter. Here are the steps I took to fix and improve it:

1. So, I pulled it, grabbed a pipe wrench and twisted it (only about 10 degrees) until it broke.
  2. Next, I drilled a hole at the top and threaded it:
  3. Bolted it down and welded:

Not a perfect weld but better than the factory. I used 6013 2.5 mm electrodes.

Anyways, after this, I put it back on. Been using it for a while no with no issues

I wanted to replace the plastic bushings for aluminum or brass bushings but I needed to get the car running and no machinist would make the parts that quickly. Here are the bushings:

They didn't really look terrible but there was a little play to them and I would have loved to replace them (I hate plastic). Sadly, time was not on my side.

Well, this is the end. I wrote this in case anyone finds this post online and needs to do a little troubleshooting.

In case you need further help, email me:

gmusic8350@gmail.com

Cheers.