•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat-back exhaust

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

cat-back exhaust

i wanna go get a cat-back exhaust made, and just so i dont get ripped off, i want to know which one is actually the cat.
      is it this?
      or this?
      or the other one (my guess its the resonator) these might look a little bit different from everyone elses stock exhaust's because i live in california, home of CARB so there my be extra crap on the pipes. all help is appriciated.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      well the real cat is the one right under the exhaust manifold. The other thick tube looks to be a resonator. But since you're in cali you might have 2 cats. The closest thing you can get to a catback with these cars is from the flexpipe back

Thanks
      if you notice, behind the thick tube, there is a disconnect, ive undone that before and it sounds really loud and nasty, i dont want it sounding like that, ill see if i can get a sound bite from it and post it

The cat as Daniel said is the one below the manifold.

The two things that are under the car, are the resonators, which deaden the sound.

I had to go from the flange, that piece of metal just before the first resonator.

I went 2" from the flange back, so my piping is 2" from the manifold back.

Check out my exhaust vid http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/ ... I_0784.flv

I decided to put two hi-flow flowmaster resonators instead of the daewoo stock. Even then my hatch rattles like hell from the vibration of the exhaust.

Thanks
      so the bigger tube is a resonator and so is the smaller one? it looks like you started yours after the bigger one, i could be mistaken.

Thanks
      what size piping where you going to run 2" or 2.25"

Khan you might want to check out this thread originally from aveo proboards

http://www.aveoclub.net/phpBB2/viewtopi ... ht=exhaust

Daniel also had/has a video on Youtube of his fully cat-back exhaust set up.

As for my vid, my exhaust starts right at a flange, it's the piece of metal connecting the manifold and beginning of the exhaust system with the back part(resonators and muffler).

Thanks
      I do have a vid on tube! Look for it

Thanks
      well i had a look on the links, but the videos dont work for me, happens to me alot, stupid windows media player, if anyone has an exhaust made can you do me a favor and make a video with the sound, i dont want to get the exhaust made and finding out its too loud and go and spend some more. and please not what tubing size you are using and if it is started from the flex back or where ever. thx

Thanks
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_EhxJHRu3s

My exhaust system from front to back is: port matched exhaust manifold, 2.25" downpipe to 2.25" flowmaster highflow cat to 2.25" flexpipe to 2.25" resonator to magnaflow 40 series muffler to autozone exhaust tip. Had to add a resonator because it was to loud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast