•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chromeintakes CAI Review.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Chromeintakes CAI Review.

Hey folks. My CAI from Chromeintakes just arrived last Friday. I got it installed Saturday morning. It only took me about... 45 minutes to an hour I'd say, to install the complete unit. The longest part was probably removing the sensor that was glued into the old pipe. Pain in the ass cutting out the rubber that was all around the silly thing. I then had to get creative with it because it didn't exactly fit perfectly in the new hole, but I was able to shave down some of the plastic and put a rubber grommet onto it to hold it in place. The other tube (I guess a vacuum hose or something) didn't line up either, but I just ran over to Home Depot and purchased a small black rubber hose to fill the 3 inch space. Anyways! All in all a very good buy. I got it off of Ebay for pretty cheap. Delivery was fast too. They quoted about 2 weeks to get up here to Canada, when in fact it only took about 5 days. I have already noticed considerable differences in higher speeds while driving. Not to mention it has a cool lower rumble/vortex noise then the stock air filter system he he. As for fuel efficiency, I will find out by the end of the week. I installed it on empty and only just filled my tank, so I will see how it works out. I will post pictures after work. I have yet to post any pictures since joining the website (been busy), but I have so far done a few small mods which I will take some pics of later. Just thought I would share my review of this great little CAI kit!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Chromeintakes CAI Review.

yeah, they have been getting lazy on the fitment of the CAIs as of late lol

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

will an air bypass valve be possible to add to this?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

You put it between the two pipes instead of a standard coupler.

And moving and or adding vacuum lines to make the cai work is common even among much more expensive intakes.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

i just got mine in the mail today. . . going to install it tomorrow. also because of how much it rains here in ohio i got the AEM bypass too.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

can you request different color couplers?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

according to serega you can (he requested black).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 87Aveo
      Hey folks. My CAI from Chromeintakes just arrived last Friday. I got it installed Saturday morning. It only took me about... 45 minutes to an hour I'd say, to install the complete unit. The longest part was probably removing the sensor that was glued into the old pipe. Pain in the ass cutting out the rubber that was all around the silly thing. I then had to get creative with it because it didn't exactly fit perfectly in the new hole, but I was able to shave down some of the plastic and put a rubber grommet onto it to hold it in place. The other tube (I guess a vacuum hose or something) didn't line up either, but I just ran over to Home Depot and purchased a small black rubber hose to fill the 3 inch space. Anyways! All in all a very good buy. I got it off of Ebay for pretty cheap. Delivery was fast too. They quoted about 2 weeks to get up here to Canada, when in fact it only took about 5 days. I have already noticed considerable differences in higher speeds while driving. Not to mention it has a cool lower rumble/vortex noise then the stock air filter system he he. As for fuel efficiency, I will find out by the end of the week. I installed it on empty and only just filled my tank, so I will see how it works out. I will post pictures after work. I have yet to post any pictures since joining the website (been busy), but I have so far done a few small mods which I will take some pics of later. Just thought I would share my review of this great little CAI kit!
      think u could get a pic downloaded of the inside of the hood? I got mine too but could not get thefilter to fit inside the fender! I moved the tubes around and all but just would not fit so for now it's a Srai , either I'm gonna get more pipe and run into the fender or build a ram air with a hood scoop. Just curious how urs fit and mine did not?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

they go like this:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      they go like this:

My trotlebody opening sits horizontal and CAI is differente, don't have that midle piece for the sensor, just a plug type. Tnks anyways. U think I should leave it a Srai with a hood scoop to cool the engine bay, or build a ram air from the scoop to it or just get a pipe extension and do the CAI on the inside of the fender?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast