•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e3 sparkplugs

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

e3 sparkplugs

exodus:
      "Has anyone ever tried these out? I just came across them the other day. Has a wierd ass electrode on it, that supposedly increases combustion efficiency or something.

Part no for the aveo: 3.48

http://e3sparkplugs.com

Can anyone back up their claims with actual usage? "

brian5475e:
      "Well i just installed some. cost me $30. they do perform better. don't have to mash on the pedal as much in city driving. Haven't been on the highway yet."

exodus:
      "Nice, nice. I'll have to find some for myself now. Thanks for the legwork "

avoesam:
      "where did you get them?"

nemasys:
      "Are they better then NGK Iridiums? "

brian5475e:
      "Never used the iridiums before. I got them at Advance Auto. They had them in stock. "

xstevex:
      "I just bought some too, but they had to order them.

They said they should be in tomorrow.

They do come pre gaped, right? "

brian5475e:
      "Yes. you cannot gap them"

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Re: e3 sparkplugs

I just got some at Kragen. They had them in stock.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

i like em. kind of odd lookin, but u wont ever notice any real power gains from changing ur plugs (unless ur old ones were messed up and not sparking lol). u may think u notice an improvement but in reality u dont gain much except maybe a few more miles per tank of gas.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I thought this was an intersting article about the E3 plugs... http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/10/21 ... ey-on-gas/
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

well it sort of goes back to what i said, but i wouldnt count it as a credible article.

"While E3 claims a 3-5 percent improvement in mileage, Edsall found his dipped from 20.11/19.98 the previous two years to 19.18 with the E3 plugs. He did all the usual maintenance like oil changes and tire pressures before leaving. Of course the vehicle was a year older and more worn which may have contributed to the dip. But even a fully scientific test with two or more vehicles running side by side in the same conditions (aside from the spark plugs) would probably yield a negligible difference at best."

just my opinion. are we starting another thread about which spark plugs are better?

im actually thinkin of goin back to NGK Iridiums to see if that will get rid of my "knock sensor system error" codes that are being thrown.

i thought it may have been my neo, but i have enriched my fuel settings so much that there is no way it could be leaning out and knockin. at least i think.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      well it sort of goes back to what i said, but i wouldnt count it as a credible article.

"While E3 claims a 3-5 percent improvement in mileage, Edsall found his dipped from 20.11/19.98 the previous two years to 19.18 with the E3 plugs. He did all the usual maintenance like oil changes and tire pressures before leaving. Of course the vehicle was a year older and more worn which may have contributed to the dip. But even a fully scientific test with two or more vehicles running side by side in the same conditions (aside from the spark plugs) would probably yield a negligible difference at best."

just my opinion. are we starting another thread about which spark plugs are better?

im actually thinkin of goin back to NGK Iridiums to see if that will get rid of my "knock sensor system error" codes that are being thrown.

i thought it may have been my neo, but i have enriched my fuel settings so much that there is no way it could be leaning out and knockin. at least i think.
      The only time you're neo is having an effect is when you're out of closed loop, when the ECU relies on IAT and MAP sensor to figure the amount of air coming in. When the ECU uses the oxygen sensors, in closed loop, it will lean out any attempt to enrich the A/F mixture.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

no new spark plug threads...if we start a new spark plug thread, I swear I'll start a new 'what wheel size is better' thread..LOL
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      no new spark plug threads...if we start a new spark plug thread, I swear I'll start a new 'what wheel size is better' thread..LOL
      better not or ill start shooting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      The only time you're neo is having an effect is when you're out of closed loop, when the ECU relies on IAT and MAP sensor to figure the amount of air coming in. When the ECU uses the oxygen sensors, in closed loop, it will lean out any attempt to enrich the A/F mixture.

yup i know it really only works at WOT, or when ur car is in a cold start lol. today i heard a ticking sound comin from my motor, i checked the code, it was a knock sensor code, cleared it, and the motor stopped ticking. so now i am really confused. but im gonna change the plugs tomorrow anyways just to see if it works to my advantage. i still got my stock plugs so i will use them first.

i will shoot back!

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

humm random knocking. I've been thinking maybe you got some "bad gas", I know weird, buy it's happened before. If you put "plus" or "extra" in whatever your gas station calls it, does it still knock?

If it does, probably something is messing timing (which I doubt) or IAT sensor. A too big change of real world value will cause some problems.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast