•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K&N’s replacement air filter 33-2320

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: K&N’s replacement air filter 33-2320

So dirt in the engine doesn't lead to scoring the cylinder walls or anything. It would also kind of work like sandblasting on the valves and seats, wouldn't it? I'm not saying that if you left your filter off for a week it would ruin the engine but over time, it would definitely have an effect if your filter didn't really stop much.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07_aveo
      So dirt in the engine doesn't lead to scoring the cylinder walls or anything. It would also kind of work like sandblasting on the valves and seats, wouldn't it? I'm not saying that if you left your filter off for a week it would ruin the engine but over time, it would definitely have an effect if your filter didn't really stop much.
      thats where the comparison is drawn, if you such sand into the intake then yes it will. but typical road dust, like silt, will go right through the car.. particles of dirt get through the filter anyhow. but one piece of anything can make it through the engine without damaging it. but its the size of the dirt and how much you allow in that will cause damage.

my race engine has only a double screen on it, (consider the screen on a screen door, twice). i drive it on the street too, in all weather. torn down after 10k miles everything was still fresh and shiny. no damage, and i have even driven it in beach areas, along gravel roads, and flyash (if you know what that is)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

But... is better a bmc replacement filteror a K&n replacement filter??

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

that would ultimately be the buyers decision, the variation in design but have about the same flow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12