•  

View Poll Results: Should I keep trying to get us new aftermarket parts made?

Voters
    6. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes - we need more support from the aftermarket community.

6 100.00%
    • No - I'm too cheap to buy them anyways, I'll just do cheap mods myself.

0 0%

Thread: Aveo SS Hood

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Question Aveo SS Hood

Ok, so I tried this a few years back and it just wasn't the economy for it. So we will try again.

Attachment 4252

The Aveo SS Hood concept.

The hood will be made of all fiberglass with a smooth gel coat on top, ready to prep. and paint.

Question is, would any Aveo owner be willing to Actually buy a fiberglass hood if it was made available. Price will be around $1000 if we can get 3-4 interested in pre-paying for one, possibly cheaper if we pre-order more.

Let me know if the Aveo Community wants to get more custom body options, or if I truly am wasting my time and efforts.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
      Ok, so I tried this a few years back and it just wasn't the economy for it. So we will try again.

The Aveo SS Hood concept.

The hood will be made of all fiberglass with a smooth gel coat on top, ready to prep. and paint.

Question is, would any Aveo owner be willing to Actually buy a fiberglass hood if it was made available. Price will be around $1000 if we can get 3-4 interested in pre-paying for one, possibly cheaper if we pre-order more.

Let me know if the Aveo Community wants to get more custom body options, or if I truly am wasting my time and efforts.

I have the 2009 and I am not just yet ready to try and make it "look" better...I am over whelmed with trying to make it run and keep it running atm. What I can tell you is that this 2009 already has some serious signs of too much heat under the hood...such as the wire protectant (black plastic covering) on the harness going to the camactuators is cooked and crispy.....and the air filter box has heat stress around the two screws engine side and it's cracked. Looks like mine at least needs a hood like this one, but if I can't make it run and steer properly it's going to be traded off. Good idea and it's needed. Now if you had a nice hood for a Cavalier, I am looking for one of those....