•  

Thread: power folding and reverse dip mirrors.

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks

Smile power folding and reverse dip mirrors.

hey guys yep me again with a crazy idea.. loll

umm was in my mates 6 series some while back and i remembered just this mawnin how his mirrors have a electric feature where he presses a button and then the mirrors fold in.. so if parked on a narrow road no1 will clip the mirrors and you dont have to walk around and do each mirror manually..

anootther mod i LOVVEEE!!!
      is the revers dip mirror feature...
      when he selects reverse gear in his car.. the mirrors automatically dip downwards so he can see his wheels when they are approaching the curb reducing the chance of him curbing his alloys.. which is verryy attractive to me as im looking to get lexani firestars which are gona cost me near enough £1800GBP... not to keen to curb them..

just wondering has anyone got any ideas on how i could do either one of these mods..
      i was thinking with the power folding just get mirrors off another car and cut drill and adapt to the aveo no probs..
      buut my problem is the revers dip feature... from what i have read they program this feature via some settings in the car so its not just a matter of a simple module.. they have memory so they can remember your settings..

just wondering if anyone has seen a kit or knows anything more on how i could do this..

many thanks..
      some people probably think im going over board now with mods..
      im just a bit of a gadget freak and love and want to have the best of everything i can get around me... so if im starting to get annoying sorry

Banned
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: poerfolding and revers dip mirrors.

my Dad's 2006 Nissan Maxima has both those features. I live in America though so the folding mirrors are kinda pointless. But the dipping mirror I always thought was a neat feature. But I figured it'd be a b*tch to do wiring the mirror to the transmission and then programming it only to dip when Reverse is selected. If I were to have folding mirrors, I'd prefer they be manual. but I'm odd like that.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M33EVL
      when he selects reverse gear in his car.. the mirrors automatically dip downwards so he can see his wheels when they are approaching the curb reducing the chance of him curbing his alloys.. which is verryy attractive to me as im looking to get lexani firestars which are gona cost me near enough £1800GBP... not to keen to curb them..

just wondering has anyone got any ideas on how i could do either one of these mods..
      This is how I solved the problem of getting too close to the curb (these spot mirrors are only approx. 2"x2", easily fit in the outside lower corner of the mirror):

Here's the link to the site: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... RP2045____

here they have them for $1.99, but at my local Schuck's (now O'Riley's) store they've always had them for $0.99+tax... best spot mirrors I've found so far, even though I've tried all kinds of them, from $0.99 (this one) to $7.99... this one works the best by far for me because of the angle that it covers... Also helps on a highway when you're changing lanes 'cause there is no more blind spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy
      If I were to have folding mirrors, I'd prefer they be manual. but I'm odd like that.
      If/when you do get your Aveo DD, you'll have folding mirrors. And you can safely bet they'll be manual.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

it would be easy 2 wire in for reverse..
      you see your reverse light at the back.. all you need to do is run a wire from the power cable of the light and then that to the mirror. so when the light goes on the reverse mirror mode is active easy peasy.. thats how i activated my reverse cam and screen and sensors...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

spend a ton of money making custom mirrors that if someone was going to hit them they would get ripped of anyway..
      :P

just use the power mirror button and put it down? i mean every time you back up you done need the mirrors to "dip"

Thanks

loll if i thought like that, then i would never bother doing anything to my car.. because when you crash your car.. its TOTALLED.. all that work and money gone down the drain... so if by chance someone does total my mirrors.. then.. il just have to make them again..

ok i wont need them eveeery time.. but here in the uk theres LOADDDS of high curbs.. every roadd is high curbed.. and the rims im getting are almost £2000 pounds.. money doesnt exactly grown on trees as we all know.. so im going to take care of them the best i can
      loll so im not going to just park wishy washy and not care about them.. so i want to have the feature there as il be doing alot of parking near curbs...
      rather than having to re-adjust the mirrors every time i go in 2 revers id prefer the car does it automatically... easier..

it wont be a ton of money to do the folding mirrors.. itl be max about £100.. found folding mirrors from other cars all id have to do is take out the inside mechanisim and adapt it to my mirrors. Or i could get a set from a scrap yard.. just need a car model ... and theres looooads of cars that have that feature...
      so its not that pricey