•  

Thread: Door speakers

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Door speakers

I have read many threads about installing 6.5's in the doors using a one inch spacer. I need help choosing the speakers that will fit. Also, I could not find the spacer on crutchfield but I did find it on amazon.

I don't want a component system, although I am sure that would sound the best. So, what I am asking is: what would be the best sounding 6.5 for the front doors that will fit? What is the maximum top mounting depth that the speaker can be. Would anything under 2 inches fit?

My price range for the front doors, and a two way speaker, again, not component, is $200.

For the rear, I want to use the suggestion of the 4x6 to 4 inch adapter and use 4 inch speakers in the rear. I am having a really rough time deciding on speakers to get, so I really need your opinions.

Thanks,

Viper

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Re: Door speakers

I bought Kicker KS600. They sound great. They are 65W RMS and 195W max each. I got them for only $50 new online. The top mount depth is 1 and 15/16 inches so any speaker with that depth or less would work. I also used a 1 inch spacer.
      Proud owner of a 2009 Aveo5!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Anything 2" or less should fit no problem with a 1" spacer and the door panel will fit. Anything more and the window will hit or you need more spacer and the door panel may not fit back on. Infinity has shallow mount series, i think called si like 6022si or 6032si that fit no problem. You will have a hard time finding component with woofers less than 2", but can still add tweets and a crossover to the coaxes.

I put 4" in the rear with adapters, don't go crazy here, it's just a 4" speaker

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

It depends. Are you planning on running a sub in your system? That's how I could afford to stay with stock sizes (4" in the front and 4x6" in the back) (by infinity)... they give me very good highs and mids and the polkmomo sub takes care of the rest... But if you're not putting a sub in - then upping a size is a good idea. And I would stay with 4x6 in the back then for a little more power... What do you have for a deck? Does it have pre-amp out for sub? And for the speakers (once you figure out which ones you want) I suggest you check http://www.sonicelectronix.com - I was very happy with the deals I got from them. Highly suggest them.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD