•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whos got the biggest?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: whos got the biggest?

Quote Originally Posted by manorness7
      I want some 16's, if I can get some at a decent price... I will settle for 17's but the 16's would give more of a smother ride so I can get more rubber out of the rim.
      Agreed, I would like a set of 16's for ride quality but I will sacrifice for the look of 17's.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

There was a set of 4 rims at a garage sale, for $100 obo. They were 16's but.... 6 lug I was so pissed LOL. They had a few marks on them but for that price they were damn good. If aveo's were only 6 lug.....

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

That would be rediculous lol.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

if it was 6 lug off a gm or toyota, the bolt circle is about the size of our rotors..

i am considering selling my wheels to get what i really wanted.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Quote Originally Posted by manorness7
      I want some 16's, if I can get some at a decent price... I will settle for 17's but the 16's would give more of a smother ride so I can get more rubber out of the rim.
      Agreed, I would like a set of 16's for ride quality but I will sacrifice for the look of 17's.

Seriously, there's no difference between 16" and 17" on ride quality, believe me, you won't notice a difference... I don't notice a difference between the ride quality of the original 14"s and my 17"s, I don't notice a difference at all... People say there's a difference but thats only "assuming" that there's less rubber so there's less quality. But unless you drive on a dirt road with plenty of rocks or a beat up asphalt road with potholes, bumps and all sorts of other stuff, you won't notice anything.

BTW I have 17"s. When I was shopping around I was pressured to go for 18"s but then I asked around more and it's kind of risky for a car like this because then you're really riding on low rubber and if you run over just 1 pot hole at speed you'll dent your rims. The only cars that can ride on 18"s are cars that aren't sub compacts.

Bottom line, screw 16"s, 17" or bust, you'll really apprecieate the extra inch of rim and less inch of rubber when looking at it.

Look at my cardomain. I'm on 205/40/17s
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

if you do proper up sizing then a 16" tire will have 10-15mm more sidewall than a 17" rim, when you only have 40-50mm of side wall that is a huge difference. but if you run a 205/40r16, it has the exact sidewall as a 205/40r17, just a bigger rim/diameter..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12