•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Cheap 14" rims and Hub Cap

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      tires and wheels are different.. 80s-mid 90s 3 series bmws came with a 57.1mm center bore, 4x100 bolt pattern. just watch the spokes for clearance to the caliper, and the type of lug nuts suggested for use.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yeah sorry, I meant to say wheels. I'm good for Tires, unless I find a very nice set of 16's (Doubt it)
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I have the 14" rims with the tires and those are in excellent condition, I removed them a month after I got rims and the car had 9,000 Miles.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Well, now that winter is approaching I finally test fit the rims I purchased and guess what, no good. The caliper comes way too close to the rim for me to be comfortable. Appareantly these came from a Saturn. On the inside of my stock rims I see a 14 and 5 1/2 J or maybe it was 14 x 5 1/2J. I think the Saturn rims had a 15J somewhere. Is the number with the J the one that will clue me into the depth of the rim I need so I don't hit the caliper?
      Last edited by haze5736; 11-08-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo, 5J instead of 15J

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      no, you want an et #. But the offset does not matter nearly as much as spoke design.

How close are the saturn wheels? when i put my snows on, it barely looks like i could slide a piece of paper between the rim and the caliper. but they do not rub. They are both fixed, so if they clear regardless of how close, they should be fine. if not get a 5mm spacer and problem solved (potentially).

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Saturn rims should fit. At least the ones I've tested have. Usually off of an Ion. but the older Saturns had some 4x100 designs as well. Like rabbit said, if the rim doesn't touch the caliper when it's bolted on, you shouldn't have a problem with clearance.

The 14x5 1/2 J is the size of the rim. It's a 14" rim with a 5.5 width...if I remember correctly the "J" has to do with manufacturing

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by haze5736 View Post
      Looking for cheap 14" rims in decent shape. they don't have to be perfect. Also need hub caps for 14" wheels.
      This refurbisher had the best ready-to-install price on the hard to find 2004 peel-plagued wheel covers when I was looking a month ago: Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Wheels / Rims, Lights & Mirrors. Can't comment on their work, because I ended up having to go with a quicker local option. It can take about 30 days for them to turn less common items they don't keep in stock - was 10 days just to find three refurbishable '04 covers. Price seemed to run about 40% below new at the discount websites. Just FYI as a future option when not under a time crunch.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I brought the rims and tires to the shop to have the mechanic verify if they fit. The caliper was actually touching the rim. So I had the snows mounted on the original rims so I have until spring to find new rims for the all seasons. Now I need to figure out how to find rims with the proper clearance as I don't want to keep taking the risk that they won't fit again. Plus it will get costly if i can't get all my money back on each failed attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      no, you want an et #. But the offset does not matter nearly as much as spoke design.

How close are the saturn wheels? when i put my snows on, it barely looks like i could slide a piece of paper between the rim and the caliper. but they do not rub. They are both fixed, so if they clear regardless of how close, they should be fine. if not get a 5mm spacer and problem solved (potentially).

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Now that you've got snows on your stock rims, get a 15 or a 16" wheel and tire package off tirerack or something. So many better tire options in a 15 or 16 inch tire!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12