•  

Thread: Cacharro :: 2004 Daewoo Kalos

1. Enxebre is offline Should I keep it?
      General Information
      Cacharro
      Daewoo
      Kalos
      Silver Grey

I think this car was bought by my family back in 2005 or 2006 as a reward for my sister for getting her university degree.

When, a few years later, got a company car, she loaned this car for my use on the next years.

One or two years after that fact, I had a big accident with this car, and had to replace most of the front of the car, including the radiator, headlights, bumper, hood, ... but the airbags didn't opened.

We had a hard time thinking about if the car was worth of the cash needed for the reparation, but my father decided, against my judgment, that it was, so I kept the car for several years more.

After getting a new car, the Kalos remained as a emergency car for the family, and it was eventually used by my brother when his old car decided to die, by my parents, and by me sometimes.

In these years, the car had another crash, this time parked, and required the repair of most of the left side of the car.

When I sold my last car, I decided to use the Kalos as my main car for the time being, trying to fix and improve the car as well as I can, spending as little money as possible.

Modifications

I replaced the rusty stock rims with an old civic (EK) 14" alloys set which I bought for almost nothing (50 € for the 4 of them), painted white.

About the wheels, I'm using Hankook Kinergy Eco 2 K435 185 60/R14 (both in front and rear) now

•  

I have added a WinCE 1-DIN radio with a 5.1 LCD display.

I'm still working to get all the features of the radio, anyways.

•  
      Comments: 2 / Views: 2220
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Name:  kalos1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  242.1 KB

Not a very good picture, but will have to be enough for now...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yesterday I went to the ITV (the spanish annual mandatory inspection), and the car passed most of it with flying colors except by the brake lights, which didn't turned on at all...

Suspecting of the switch behind the brake pedal, which is the device than turns the brake lights, I went to my usual mechanic and 35 € later, the problem was solved, and I got another year to fix some issues which need to be adressed, as replacing some(most) of the bushings, the struts and cups (the springs look nice for now), the timing belt (mostly as a precaution), and the front brake pads.